Anyone who has spent any time on YouTube lately will recognize a lot of the work featured in September’s YouTube Canada Ads Leaderboard. The best of this work has been put into heavy rotation as pre-roll, likely slotted there by incredibly high view counts and a tone of social sharing.
Hot gaming franchises took two of the top three spots in September – the brand new Destiny and the long-running sports series FIFA – with big-budget, well-scripted and conceived ads from top-tier agencies (72andSunny and Widen + Kennedy Amsterdam, respectively).
You’ll also notice a strong puppy contingent on the list, along with some familiar tech brands (Samsung and GoPro) and a spot that sends up tech marketing (IKEA).
Note: This ranking indicates which ads were most watched within Canada. To be included on this ranking, a video must be listed as an ad on YouTube. While Google does not make Canadian viewer statistics available, it determines this ranking with a process that accounts for paid and organic views and how much of a given video viewers watch.
1. FIFA 15 – Official TV Commercial
2. Global Be(er) Responsible Day | “Friends Are Waiting”
Posted by Budweiser on Sept. 19
3. Official Destiny Live Action Trailer – Become Legend
Posted by DestinyGame on Sept. 4
4. KLM Lost & Found service
5. Experience the power of a bookbook
Posted by IKEA Singapore on Sept. 3
6. Gatorade | Made in New York ft. Derek Jeter
7. Apparently Kid’s First Ever TV Commercial – Freshpet
Posted by Freshpet on Sept. 12
8. Bud Light Sensation Into the Wild: Next stop – Toronto
Posted by Sensation on Sept. 3
9. Samsung GALAXY Note 4 – Official Introduction
Posted by Samsung Mobile on Sept. 3
10. GoPro: Golf Trick Shot
Posted by GoPro on Sept. 4