Marketing firms heat up the Profit Hot 50 list
Did you make this year’s “Profit Hot 50” list?
Roughly one-fifth of the recently released annual list, which charts Canada’s top new growth companies, contains marketing, PR and marketing-related software and services companies.
Ranking small business startups based on two-year revenue growth, the Profit Hot 50 list is published on Profit’s website as well as in the October issue of the magazine.
In order of their rank on the list, companies working in – or providing services to – the marketing and PR industry on the list this time around include:
• Morega Systems (ranked 2nd), a software developer in Mississauga, Ont. that gives TV service providers a way for their customers to shift multimedia content between devices without an internet connection
• Lions Bay Media (ranked 3rd), a North Vancouver-based online advertising agency that uses programmers and proprietary software to find lucrative web placement for its clients
• Syncapse (ranked 9th), a Toronto-based shop that helps companies build, manage and measure their social media presence using its software
• Switch Video (ranked 16th), in Collingwood, Ont., produces animated promotional videos for corporations
• Paradigm Public Relations (ranked 28th), a four-year-old PR agency based in Toronto, focuses on brand marketing communications, corporate communications, media relations measurement and issues management
• Zone Marketing Group (ranked 43rd), an Aurora, Ont.-based full-service interactive event marketing company that digitally captures consumer profiles on the floor at events, then leverages the data to create measurable ROI
• ClearMotive Marketing Group (ranked 45th), an ad agency in Calgary, handles strategy and planning, advertising, branding, market research, interactive and social media for its clients
• Igloo Software (ranked 46th), creates online communities for clients by using cloud-based social networking software. It’s based in Kitchener, Ont.
• Le Site (ranked 47th), is a Montreal-based web development agency that builds Facebook games, e-commerce sites, apps and branding pages
• Appnovation Technologies (ranked 48th) in Vancouver creates websites, intranets and is perhaps best-known for its mobile apps
Speaking to Paradigm Public Relations’ placement on the Profit Hot 50 list, Tracey Bochner, president, and Michael Abbass, senior vice-president and partner, said they started the agency because they believed there was room in the Canadian marketplace for a smaller shop that offered senior expertise, creativity and strong client service.
How will this PR shop keep the momentum going after making the list for the second year in a row? “We have a very simple business philosophy, which is ‘do the right thing.’ It means treat staff, clients and all business partners fairly, always. It means we only take on clients where we know we can do a great job for them… It means always give our best to clients and be honest when something isn’t working, or could work better a different way.”
Tyler Chisholm, ClearMotive’s co-founder and CEO, is thrilled that his company made the list. “It’s our first true third-party recognition,” he said. He posted the news on his company’s website and his personal Facebook page and received lots of congratulatory messages right away. Making the list “has given us that little extra stamp of credibility,” he said.
For the full Profit Hot 50 list, click here.
This story can be found at: http://marketingmag.ca/advertising/marketing-firms-heat-up-the-profit-hot-50-list-35393.
Copyright © 1996-2021 Brunico Communications Ltd. All Rights Reserved.