It’s no surprise that Sidney Crosby leads October’s list of the most-watched ads in Canada on YouTube, nor that the super-popular Air New Zealand in-flight safety vid makes a strong showing. But yet again, the Call of Duty video game franchise has demonstrated just how popular it is by landing fourth on the list after only two days in the measurable period.
Put another way: in the number four ranking, Call of Duty’s “Discover Your Power” was watched more in two days than fifth place Smirnoff was viewed in a whole month. Globally, “Discover Your Power” has been watched more than 17 million times in just two weeks. Chart-topping “Ode to Hockey?” Just over one million views after a full month.
BuzzFeed pops up twice in October as well with its branded content offerings – one for Purina and one for Smirnoff.
Note: This ranking indicates which ads were most watched within Canada. To be included on this ranking, a video must be listed as an ad on YouTube. While Google does not make Canadian viewer statistics available, it determines this ranking with a process that accounts for paid and organic views and how much of a given video viewers watch.
1. Sidney Crosby’s Ode to Hockey — Sport Chek
Posted by Sport Chek on Oct. 7
2. Dear Kitten: Regarding The Dog
Posted by BuzzFeedVideo on Oct. 7
3. The Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made #airnzhobbit
Posted by Air New Zealand on Oct. 22
4. Official Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Live Action Trailer – “Discover Your Power”
Posted by CALLOFDUTY on Oct. 30
5. Things Every Man Should Know
Posted by BuzzFeedVideo on Oct. 2
Posted by vitaminwatercanada on Oct. 2
7. The Tacks Challenge Race – MacKinnon VS Hamelin
Posted by ccmsports on Oct. 6
8. Diet Coke – Taylor Swift Kittens
Posted by Diet Coke on Oct. 15
9. WestJet & Coca-Cola: #shareacokecanada plane
Posted by WestJet on Oct. 6
10. Canada Goose x wings+horns
Posted by CanadaGooseInc on Oct. 1
YouTube Canada Ads Leaderboard
• September 2014
• August 2014
• May 2014
• March 2014
• February 2014
• January 2014
• December 2013