First Choice Haircutters choosing faces in online contest

First Choice Haircutters has launched an online contest in an attempt to find 10 models for a 2013 advertising campaign. The brand’s “Be the face of FCH” initiative, developed by Toronto-area agency Tag Idea Revolution, began Dec. 9 with the launch of BeTheFaceofFCH.com, as well as national television, magazine and online creative and social […]

First Choice Haircutters has launched an online contest in an attempt to find 10 models for a 2013 advertising campaign.

The brand’s “Be the face of FCH” initiative, developed by Toronto-area agency Tag Idea Revolution, began Dec. 9 with the launch of BeTheFaceofFCH.com, as well as national television, magazine and online creative and social media outreach.



 The contest invites consumers to upload a photo to the microsite and explain why they should be featured in forthcoming First Choice Haircutters advertising.

“We’re both a corporate and a franchise brand, and our franchisees always say we should have regular people in our campaigns,” said Athena Kalkanis, brand director for First Choice Haircutters.
 
A judging panel consisting of fashion designer Wayne Clarke, fashion stylist Rachel Matthews Burton and talent agent Jeffrey Kolsrud will narrow the field to 50 finalists. Ten winners – one from each of 10 different gender and age categories – will be determined by online voting on the contest microsite. Winners will be announced in June and receive a trip to New York City, a hair makeover, modeling training and a professional photo shoot, as well as the possibility of being featured in a First Choice ad campaign.

Matt Orlando, president of Tag Idea Revolution, described the contest as an extension of First Choice’s “This is MY” advertising campaign, which launched last year and also sought to establish the brand’s regular-folk credentials.

“We’ve been changing the overall perception of the brand to be far more engaging, far more relevant and more in-tune with everybody, because it’s an ‘everybody’ brand,” said Orlando. “What this does is bring it to the street.”

Orlando said First Choice and Tag had hoped for 500 entries to the contest but had already surpassed that.

The contest is open to Canadians outside Quebec, as well as consumers in the U.S. – where First Choice has locations in Michigan, Florida and Ohio. Entries will be accepted until Feb. 29, 2012, with online voting to take place in April and May.

Brands Articles

Diageo’s ‘Crown on the House’ brings tasting home

After Johnnie Walker success, Crown Royal gets in-home mentorship

Survey says Starbucks has best holiday cup

Consumers take sides on another front of Canada's coffee war

KitchenAid embraces social for breast cancer campaign

Annual charitable campaign taps influencers and the social web for the first time

Heart & Stroke proclaims a big change

New campaign unveils first brand renovation in 60 years

Best Buy makes you feel like a kid again

The Union-built holiday campaign drops the product shots

Volkswagen bets on tech in crisis recovery

Execs want battery-powered cars, ride-sharing to 'fundamentally change' automaker

Simple strategies for analytics success

Heeding the 80-20 rule, metrics that matter and changing customer behaviors

Why IKEA is playing it up downstairs

Inside the retailer's Market Hall strategy to make more Canadians fans of its designs

Metrolinx launches public education campaign

New campaign from Grey intends to drive awareness of approximately 500 projects