After taking the summer off, Marketing once again presents the YouTube Canada Ads Leaderboard, outlining the most-viewed ads for the month of August.
Tim Horton’s certainly made splash with its blackout stunt, but the French-language version of the video made its way to the top of YouTube’s official rankings.
Coke’s work in Quebec also earned a spot on the list (#8) with a short film showing friends re-uniting. These two real-life brand vids sit among a handful of scripted productions (like Madden NFL 15’s launch spot and lots of GoPro footage – which has become a staple on the Leaderboard).
Note: This ranking indicates which ads were most-watched within Canada. To be included on this ranking, a video must be listed as an ad on YouTube. While Google does not make Canadian viewer statistics available, it determines this ranking with a process that accounts for paid and organic views and how much of a given video viewers watch.
1. L’expérience Dans le noir, tout est plus intense | Nouvelle torréfaction foncée Tim Hortons
Posted by TimHortonsenfrancais on Aug. 14
2. Madden NFL 15: Madden Season
Posted by EA Sports on Aug. 15
3. Teens React to Drunk Driving
Posted by TheFineBros on Aug. 24
4. GoPro: Kama The Surfing Pig
Posted by GoPro on Aug. 6
5. World’s Largest Urban Zipline
Posted by devinsupertramp on Aug. 4
6. Street Concert (Official HD) | Thai Life Insurance
Posted by thailifechannel on Aug. 5
7. #ForeverFaster | Calling All Troublemakers | PUMA
Posted by PUMA on Aug. 6
8. #PartagezunCoke – Les retrouvailles de Lysandre et Marion
Post by BrigadedubonheurQC on Aug. 19
9. THE RETURN OF COACH LASSO: NBC SPORTS PREMIER LEAGUE FILM FEATURING JASON SUDEIKIS
Posted by NBC Sports on Aug. 7
10. SKULLY AR-1: Rebel Innovation
Posted by SKULLY on Aug. 11