After drip-feeding the industry with category winners, the Clio Awards have released the names of all 2012 medalists ahead of its award gala.
Canadian agencies and production houses were already well-represented on Tuesday when the first batch of winners were announced. Six companies – Cundari, BBDO, Lowe Roche, DDB, LG2 and Sons and Daughters – claimed eight trophies in three competitions.
Now that all 13 professional competitions have been revealed, the Canadian saturation has increased.
• Taxi (Toronto) won a Design gold for Edward Pond’s “Creative Chef” in the self-promotion category
• Leo Burnett won two Design silvers for Smith Restaurant + Bar’s “Food for the Everyman” – one in Environmental and another in Point-of-Purchase
• BBDO Toronto won an Interactive gold for Skittles’ “Touch the Rainbow” in Innovative Media, which also won a bronze in the Content & Contact competition
• Sid Lee Architecture, a division of the Montreal creative agency of the same name, won Design silver for Red Bull’s Amsterdam office design in the Environmental category
• DDB Canada and its Karacters Vancouver affiliate share a Design bronze for Skuna Bay, Grieg Seafood’s corporate identity program
• Reason Partners picked up a bronze in Integrated Campaign for CIL Paints’ “Paint Chip Names For Men.”
The Clio Award Gala, where honorary Clios will be given to photographer Annie Leibowitz and chef Anthony Bourdain, is set for May 15. The full list of winners, finalists and submissions can be seen at the Clio website.